Janet Evanovich – How I Write is a non-fiction book by the bestselling author where she describes her writing process.
This was published on September 19, 2006.
How I Write book description
How many people would kill to be a bestselling novelist? Especially one like Janet Evanovich.
Writers want to know how a bestselling author thinks, writes, plans, and dreams her books. And they are primed for a book from Janet Evanovich that tells, in a witty Q&A format:
- How she comes up with such remarkable characters
- How she nails the perfect name every time
- How she finds out insider details
- Just how she sets up those masterful plots
- What the life of a full-time writer is really like
- What she’d tell an aspiring author about the publishing industry
- And much, much more!
This book details the elements of writing and publishing a novel, and addresses all categories of fiction – from mystery / thriller / action titles to romance; from stand-alone narratives to series.
It offers practical and inspiring advice on such subjects as structuring a plot and handling rejection.
And it combines one of today’s most successful fiction writers with a published non-fiction writer who teaches creative fiction. HOW I WRITE is the perfect reference for anyone looking to improve their writing, and for those fans who are hungry to find out more about just how Janet Evanovich ticks.